[gnutls-devel] Export/import of DH parameters grows by 4 bytes
mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Jul 4 00:25:56 CEST 2013
After upgrading from gnutls 2.12.23 to gnutls 3.1.11 one of my sanity check
unit tests fails:
* Generate DH parameter "A" via gnutls_dh_params_generate2().
* Export "A" via gnutls_dh_params_export_raw().
* Import the results into DH parameter "B", via
* Call gnutls_dh_params_export_pkcs3() on both "A" and "B", using
* The output from gnutls_dh_params_export_pkcs3() from "B" is larger, by
four bytes than the output from "A".
Before I start looking for my own bugs, could this perhaps be a non-issue
from this sequence of steps. Because comparing the binary output coming out
of gnutls_dh_params_export_pkcs3(), and ignoring the excess four bytes from
"B", the output is the same except for byte offset #3. It looks like a part
of a length word, or something, and the extra four bytes look like spurious
padding of some sort, to me.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gnutls-devel