[gnutls-devel] [TLS] multiple clients in one process (was: Re: Deployment ... Re: This working group has failed)

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Sat Nov 30 00:51:06 CET 2013

See the thread_safety branch of my github clone of OpenSSL for how to
use InitOnceInitialize() and pthread_once().

OpenSSL has exactly this same problem: it wants to be initialized
*once*, but its callers can be buried in libraries, many layers below
the [threaded] application.

Worse, OpenSSL's initialization is inherently thread-unsafe (for
dynlock callbacks).

WARNING: My OpenSSL patches aren't complete / tested.

Nico