[gnutls-devel] PKCS#11 generate random functionality

Wolfgang Meyer zu Bergsten w.bergsten at sirrix.com
Fri Oct 25 11:29:23 CEST 2013

Hello,
is there interest in including the random generator functionality of
PKCS#11 tokens in GnuTLS? I would be happy to contribute the attached
implementation. I tried my best to follow the GnuTLS coding standards
and other conventions in the existing code.

The patch implements a new public function:
int
gnutls_pkcs11_token_get_random (const char *token_url,
                                size_t len,
                                gnutls_datum_t *rnddata)

If you are interested in the functionality, but are unhappy with the
proposed implementation, I will be ready to change the code accordingly.

best regards,
Wolfgang

    Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
    By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
    (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
    have the right to submit it under the open source license
    indicated in the file; or
    (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
    of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
    license and I have the right under that license to submit that
    work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
    by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
    permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
    in the file; or
    (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
    person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
    it.
    (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
    are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
    personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
    maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
    this project or the open source license(s) involved.

--
Sirrix AG security technologies                 http://www.sirrix.com
Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Meyer zu Bergsten    eMail: w.bergsten at sirrix.com

Vorstand: Ammar Alkassar (Vors.), Christian Stüble, Markus Bernhammer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dipl.-Ing. Harald Stöber
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Homburg/Saar, HRB 3857 Amtsgericht Saarbrücken

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any
action  based on this message or any  information  herein.  If you have
received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message.