[gnutls-devel] cipher suites

Stefan Bühler stbuehler at lighttpd.net
Sat Oct 26 12:15:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

sry, looks like my previous mail accidentally went off list.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:58:29 +0200
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> > Nice.
> > I just went for it and tried to verify the ids (involving piping
> > your ciphersuites.c through the preprocessor, some iterations of
> > (g)awk, sed, sort, cut, column and using saxonsb on the
> > tls-parameters.xml to get javascript tables I could compare with
> > the help of nodejs...):
>
> Hello,
>  Could this be automated somehow so it could be added in the
> testsuite?

I extracted the code and put it into a gist:
  https://gist.github.com/stbuehler/7167426

Depending on saxonb and nodejs for (default) tests seems wrong though.
Replacing javascript with something else (perl, perhaps even bash)
should be "easy", but getting rid of saxonb is probably hard; parsing
xml is no fun :)

Also the test should use the current
http://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xml, but
in automated build environments you often have no internet connection
available.

I used the same/similar code to generate (parts of) these files:
http://blog.lighttpd.net/javascripts/gnutls-data/registry-ciphers.js
http://blog.lighttpd.net/javascripts/gnutls-data/ciphers.js

regards,
Stefan