[gnutls-devel] 3.2.5 test reports on OpenBSD/i386 -current

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Oct 26 18:39:35 CEST 2013

On 10/25/2013 03:49 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:

> Anyway, more reports... now that mini-deflate doesn't error out, make
> check goes into subdirectories.
> tests/:
> - mini-handshake-timeout seems to fail intermittently
>   See the log at the end of the mail.

Hello,
 There is something fishy there. Could it be that in openbsd a close()
will terminate a TCP session prior to all data being sent? If yes, then
the issue should now be solved in the repository.

> tests/cert-tests/:
> - pem-decoding fails here because our diff executable doesn't
>   support --strip-trailing-cr; removing the option seems to do it, but
>   depending on GNU diff to run tests is not a problem, if you find it
>   convenient.  If so, please let us specify the diff executable with
>   something like : ${DIFF=diff}, this lets us override with DIFF=gdiff
>   in the environment.

I've now set the diff as a parameter and I've also removed
--strip-trailing-cr. I don't know why it was there, but there isn't a
trailing-cr in these files.

> - aki, pathlen and pem-decoding fail with my locale (fr_FR.UTF-8).
>   Unsetting is enough for those tests to pass.  Maybe do you want to
>   force it to C?

I've set LC_ALL=C in the tests environment. That should do.

> tests/dtls/:
> - dtls-stress calls exit(77) if timer_create and friends aren't
>   available (as on OpenBSD), but the Makefile.am specifies a link
>   against librt (unavailable on said OS), which prevents the executable
>   to be called and the test result to be skipped.

I've now added a configure time check for librt.

best regards,