[gnutls-devel] query server with ECDSA server cert

m m at mqas.net
Wed Aug 6 11:06:53 CEST 2014

i don't seem to get all expected results when querying my server

$ gnutls-cli-debug -p 443 mqas.net
Resolving 'mqas.net'...
Connecting to '58.96.67.63:443'...
Checking for SSL 3.0 support... no
Checking whether %COMPAT is required... no
Checking for TLS 1.0 support... no
Checking for TLS 1.1 support... no
Checking fallback from TLS 1.1 to... failed
Checking for TLS 1.2 support... no
Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.2... yes
Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.1... yes
Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.0... N/A
Checking for Safe renegotiation support... no
Checking for Safe renegotiation support (SCSV)... no
Checking for HTTPS server name... not checked
Checking for version rollback bug in RSA PMS... yes
Checking for version rollback bug in Client Hello... yes
Checking whether the server ignores the RSA PMS version... no
Checking whether the server can accept Hello Extensions... no
Checking whether the server can accept HeartBeat Extension... no
Checking whether the server can accept small records (512 bytes)... no
Checking whether the server can accept cipher suites not in SSL 3.0
spec... yes
Checking whether the server can accept a bogus TLS record version in the
client hello... no
Checking for certificate information... N/A
Checking for trusted CAs... N/A
Checking whether the server understands TLS closure alerts... no
Checking whether the server supports session resumption... no
Checking for anonymous authentication support... no
Checking anonymous Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A
Checking for ephemeral Diffie-Hellman support... no
Checking ephemeral Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A
Checking for ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman support... no
Checking ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A
Checking for AES-GCM cipher support... yes
Checking for AES-CBC cipher support... yes
Checking for CAMELLIA-GCM cipher support... no
Checking for CAMELLIA-CBC cipher support... no
Checking for 3DES-CBC cipher support... no
Checking for ARCFOUR 128 cipher support... no
Checking for MD5 MAC support... no
Checking for SHA1 MAC support... yes
Checking for SHA256 MAC support... yes
Checking for ZLIB compression support... no
Checking for max record size... no
Checking for OpenPGP authentication support... no

?