[gnutls-devel] [sr #108703] Windows build issues

Eli Zaretskii INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Thu Dec 11 18:12:46 CET 2014

Follow-up Comment #1, sr #108703 (project gnutls):

Indeed, I saw this as well (with MinGW32 and GnuTLS 3.3.10), and was about to
report that.

Regarding fseek, I guess this is a license-related issue, in which case I
think the easiest solution would be to not try to replace the Windows function
(the issue which gnulib tries to solve is AFAIK not relevant to Windows).

For src/socket.c, I solved that with the patch in the attached; perhaps all
other platforms could use that, in which case the cpp conditionals are not
needed.

Other issues I've seen:

 . src/certtool-cfg.c triggers a compiler warning because of the 32-bit right
shift of a 'long' variable

 . src/pkcs11.c calls 'sleep', which MinGW doesn't have

 . the gnulib tests in lib/gl fail because rpl_close is not available (similar
to the fseek issue)

(file #32650)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: alarm.patch                    Size:0 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108703>