[gnutls-devel] test suite fails one test on 3.2.10. + odd behavoir of gnutls-cli

Heldt, Daniel Daniel.Heldt at cryptovision.com
Mon Feb 3 14:00:15 CET 2014

Hi there,

today I built gnutls 3.2.10 on an ubuntu in a vm and one test failed (twice).
I attached the testsuite.log and am willing to provide more information, if needed.

Further, I observed, that
Gnutls-cli announces the cipher suites ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 and ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (if the priority string contains some +ECDHE_PSK),but if the server side chooses them, the handshake fails (I can post the network-traffic, if it is of interest) with the error message:

*** Fatal error: Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite.
*** Handshake has failed
GnuTLS error: Could not negotiate a supported cipher suite.

After the server has send the "hello done message"-packet.

Still, with ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA the handshake succeeds, which occurs slightly odd to me. So could somebody check if this is intended behavior, a bug, or somehow the server's fault?
Thank you!

With kind regards,

Daniel heldt

Ps: I am not on your Devel-List, so please cc me in your replies!