[gnutls-devel] Assembler problems in gnutls-3.2.8.1+

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Feb 10 10:53:44 CET 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz at netbsd.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> Starting from gnutls-3.2.8.1 (we didn't have 3.2.8 in pkgsrc;
> reportedly still there in 3.2.9) there were problems with assembler
> files in pkgsrc, in particular on the SunOS and Mac OS X (built for
> 32bit) platforms.
> Here are the outputs for SunOS:
> 32bit:
> http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-trunk32/20140121.2027/gnutls-3.2.8.1/build.log
> 64bit:
> http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-trunk64/20140120.2248/gnutls-3.2.8.1/build.log

Could it be that the affected files aren't compiled with -fpic on this
system? (I cannot check from the log, you need to compile with V=1).

> For Mac OS X, I got this report:
[...]
> duplicate symbol __gnutls_x86_cpuid_s in:
>     accelerated/.libs/libaccelerated.a(aes-cbc-x86-aesni.o)
>     accelerated/.libs/libaccelerated.a(aes-cbc-x86-ssse3.o)

It seems there is a symbol redefinition (I wonder why it is not
detected in other systems). Could you try this patch?
https://www.gitorious.org/gnutls/gnutls/commit/54768ca1cd9049bbd1c695696ef3c8595c6052db