[gnutls-devel] Cannot build GnuTLS 3.3.4 on top of Nettle 3.0

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sat Jun 14 11:32:37 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-14 whitestone8214 at openmailbox.org wrote:
> (...)
> sha-padlock.c: In function 'padlock_sha1_update':
> sha-padlock.c:81:2: error: 'struct sha1_ctx' has no member named
> 'count_high'
> sha-padlock.c:81:2: error: 'struct sha1_ctx' has no member named 'count_low'
> sha-padlock.c:81:2: error: 'struct sha1_ctx' has no member named
(...)

> lib/accelerated/x86/sha-padlock.c uses 'count_high' and 'count_low' member
> in 'struct sha1_ctx' from Nettle.
> But in Nettle 3.0 'struct sha1_ctx' does not have 'count_high' and
> 'count_low'.
> What should I do to build GnuTLS 3.3.4?

GnuTLS cannot be built against Nettle 3.0. You'll need to use nettle
2.7.

<http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-devel/2014-June/006977.html>

Rationale:
<http://lists.lysator.liu.se/pipermail/nettle-bugs/2014/003129.html>
        There may be some problems in the new interfaces and new
        features which really need incompatible fixes. It is likely
        that there will be an update in the form of a 3.1 release in
        the not too distant future, with small but incompatible
        changes, and if that happens, bugfix-only releases 3.0.x are
        unlikely. Users and applications which desire better API and
        ABI stability are advised to stay with nettle-2.7.x (latest
        version is now 2.7.1) until the dust settles.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'