[gnutls-devel] openconnect's vasprintf() license is (L)GPLv3 incompatible

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sat Sep 20 08:21:53 CEST 2014

Hello,

looking over the diff from 3.3.7 to 3.3.8 I have stumbled over the
newly added license header for lib/vasprintf.c (Thanks for it, BTW):

 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
 * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
 * version 2.1, as published by the Free Software Foundation.

This is a bit problematic, since LGPLv2.1 (without "or later")
is incompatible with (L)GPLv3+. Therefore (L)GPLv3+ software linked
against against GnuTLS could not be distributed. - It does not hit us
on Debian since we have vasprintf() in glibc but it is something of a
trap.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'