[gnutls-devel] Successor of gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority()

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Mon Apr 20 19:56:01 CEST 2015

Hello,

3.4.0 dropped gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority(), listing
gnutls_priority_set_direct() as replacement. However as far as I can
tell, priority strings do not have a keyword for certificate_type
(GNUTLS_CRT_X509, GNUTLS_CRT_OPENPGP).

The documentation somehow implies it is possible, but does not say
how:
| Unless the initial keyword is "NONE" the defaults (in preference
| order) are for TLS protocols TLS 1.2, TLS1.1, TLS1.0; for compression
| NULL; for certificate types X.509. In key exchange algorithms when in
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| NORMAL or SECURE levels the perfect forward secrecy algorithms take
| precedence of the other protocols. In all cases all the supported key
| exchange algorithms are enabled.

I have started wondering when looking for a replacement for this code
in ekg2:
|   /* Allow connections to servers that have OpenPGP keys as well. */
|   const int cert_type_priority[3] = {GNUTLS_CRT_X509, GNUTLS_CRT_OPENPGP, 0};
[...]
|   gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority(ssl, cert_type_priority);

cu Andreas