[gnutls-devel] 3.3.19 / 3.4.7 Guile related testsuite segfaults

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Nov 26 12:27:33 CET 2015

Andreas Metzler <ametzler at bebt.de> skribis:

> on amd64 there are segfaults in the guile testsuite:
>
> (sid-AMD64)ametzler at argenau:/tmp/GNUTLS/gnutls-3.3.19/guile/tests$ while make  t
> est-suite.log TEST_LOGS=openpgp-auth.scm.log ; do sleep .3 ; rm  openpgp-auth.scm.log openpgp-auth.scm.trs  test-suite.log ; done
> PASS: openpgp-auth.scm
> [...]
> ../../build-aux/test-driver: line 107: 16038 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "$@" > $log_file 2>&1
> FAIL: openpgp-auth.scm

So this test does not fail systematically, right?

I tested in an isolated build environment with 3.4.7 but I can’t
reproduce the problem, even when running ‘make check -C guile/tests’ in
a loop.

This reminds me of
<http://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-devel/2012-December/005969.html>,
but I think that bug would lead to systematic segfaults.

> Core was generated by `/usr/bin/guile -L . ./openpgp-auth.scm'.
> Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> #0  0x00007ff1c5d94d50 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0x00007ff1c5d94d50 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.

Could you check ‘info files’ too, just in case some conflicting versions
of libguile or something are being used?

Also, what Guile and libgc versions are these?

I’m testing with Guile 2.0.11 and libgc 7.4.2.

Thanks,
Ludo’.