[gnutls-devel] CFP: Security Devroom @ FOSDEM'16

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Oct 27 15:56:53 CET 2015

[I'll be co-organizing the security devroom, if loyal list members are
around ping me! ]

Next  FOSDEM [1] will, again, have a security devroom, this time on
the topic  of "Security and Privacy in modern software". We'd like to
invite submissions of talks and presentations from developers,
security researchers and other interested representatives of open
source and free software and hardware projects.

This is the call for talks and presentations that will take place in
the Security devroom at FOSDEM 2016.

Our topic this year:
Cryptography has been the foundation of modern crypto software,
however, it is only a small fraction of the technology required to
achieve security and privacy for users. Thus this year's topic is to
focus on the other parts that make software secure: usability,  the
protection against side-channels, message length analysis,
fingerprinting, secure coding practices, code review processes etc. We
welcome presentations of security software and hardware which take
into account these factors, and presentations that analyze other's
solutions.

For up-to-date submission and event information:
https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2016

The security devroom will be held on Sunday 31st of January 2016 in
Brussels, Belgium at ULB.

Feel free to forward this announcement to any relevant FOSS project
mailing list.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2016/
[2] https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2016