[gnutls-devel] Proposal for the ASN.1 form of TPM1.2 and TPM2 keys

Fri Dec 30 00:57:17 CET 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-26 at 21:13 +0100, Nikos Mavrogianopoulos wrote:
> My comment was on the claim of extendability of the format which as I
> explained it is simply not true. As for example I already gave the
> key usage extension. I am fine however with a non extendable format
> as you proposed.

OK, so I think the version is now superfluous, since if anything gets
added it can be recognised by the tag and things not ready to parse
that tag can reject it.

That makes the final form

 TPMKey ::= SEQUENCE {
	type		OBJECT IDENTIFIER
	emptyAuth	[0] EXPLICIT BOOLEAN OPTIONAL
	parent		[1] EXPLICIT INTEGER OPTIONAL
	pubkey		[2] EXPLICIT OCTET STRING OPTIONAL
	privkey		OCTET STRING
 }

I'll code the v2 patch using this form.

James