[gnutls-devel] gnutls_record_recv/gnutls_record_send and record length?

Jaak Ristioja jaak.ristioja at cyber.ee
Wed Feb 10 00:15:52 CET 2016

Hi!

TLS 1.2 specifies a maximum record payload of 2^14 bytes. The GnuTLS
documentation for gnutls_record_send states that the maximum number of
bytes gnutls_record_send can send in a single call is determined by the
negotiated maximum record size (<= 2^14 bytes). Does gnutls_record_recv
have similar limitations? I'm thinking of implementing buffers for both
send and receive and I wonder whether 2^14-byte read and write buffers
will suffice to minimize the number of gnutls calls.

Best regards,
Jaak Ristioja