[gnutls-devel] Deconstructor deadlock

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:29:43 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-07-27 at 22:32 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,

      4478:	/home/ludo/src/gnutls/+build/lib/.libs/libgnutls.s
> o.30: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: getrandom (fatal)
>       4478:
>       4478:	calling fini:
> /home/ludo/src/gnutls/+build/lib/.libs/libgnutls.so.30 [0]

Thanks for the report. That's quite strange though. I would have
expected configure to detect that getrandom was not available in that
system. Is it a binary configured in a different system than being run?
If not what is the output of config.log near the "checking for
getrandom" lines?

For the deadlock, it may be a good idea to remove all locking when
called at the constructor. There is no concurrency there.