[gnutls-devel] Towards TLS 1.3

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Aug 27 10:02:58 CEST 2017

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Ander Juaristi <a at juaristi.eus> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm a cryptography & network security MSc student at Royal Holloway,
> University of London. Some of you will probably know me better from wget
> though. It's exciting to see some known faces here ;D
>
> Starting on mid September, I'll be working on the implementation of TLS 1.3
> (3.6.x branch) as part of my MSc project. I approached Nikos back at FOSDEM to
> propose this
> project idea to him, and please accept my apologies for introducing myself to
> the list now, rather than then (february), but I was waiting for my MSc marks
> to be confirmed definitely before taking the commitment.
> I'll start working on the new record format and on the design of a new set of
> APIs to accommodate 0-RTT. And then follow along with some more work after
> that.

Welcome Ander,
 Currently I maintain a parallel branch with some patches for TLS 1.3,
at tmp-tls1.3-support. This is currently a "raw" branch with
unreviewed commits, and completed items from that one move with slower
pace to master (at the moment only features which are not tls1.3
only). I try to add new features in parallel with their test suite,
which slows things down a bit though tlsfuzzer getting tls 1.3 will
help on that. The branch is still ongoing for basic 1.3 support, and
only key exchange is supported. I plan to resume on this branch after
holidays (I'm back on 6th of september) so let's sync prior you start
working.