[gnutls-devel] update on TLS1.3 effort

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 14:45:19 CET 2017

Hi,
 A short status update on the TLS 1.3 effort. At this point, we have a
resonably functioning branch 'tmp-draft-ietf-tls-tls13-21' which as
its name indicates implements draft-ietf-tls-tls13-21.

The major missing feature is now session resumption.

Once that is complete, the plan is to merge to master (without
enabling the protocol by default), and then plan to include support
for the latest draft. I've moved optional items to another milestone
([1]). Hopefully the TLS WG doesn't make that into some kind of
sisyphian task.

You can find more detailed information on the progress on gitlab [0].

[0]. https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/milestones/8
[1]. https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/milestones/13