[gnutls-devel] valgrind-tests vs full-test-suite

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Mar 14 08:36:58 CET 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe this is the last issue in tests of gnutls-3.5... :)
>
> I started stabilization process in Gentoo, it will be nice if we can
> solve this nicely as well.
>
> Look at this full-test-suite[1] conditional:
> ---
> # test if we are in git master or in release build. In release
> # builds we do not use valgrind.
> SUITE_FILE="${srcdir}/tests/suite/mini-eagain2.c"
> if test "$full_test_suite" = yes && test ! -f "$SUITE_FILE";then
>     full_test_suite=no
>     VALGRIND=""
>     AC_SUBST(VALGRIND, [])
>     opt_valgrind_tests=no
> fi
> ---
>
> This actually disables valgrind in non-git but I do not see any reason
> to do so as valgrind is supported in some other tests. If I disable
> the full-tests-suite then I can enjoy valgrind extra tests.
> Any reason why we condition this?

If I remember well, the reason this was introduced was to avoid test
suite failures due to leaks or other issues in unrelated libraries on
the released version. E.g., if you try to compile the latest release
of gnutls in a system which has a libc with a leak, you wouldn't have
the test suite fail because of that.