[gnutls-devel] gnutls build-error with gtk-doc-tools 1.26 (gtkdoc-mktmpl is no longer available)

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Wed Sep 27 19:54:00 CEST 2017

On 2017-09-27 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Andreas Metzler <ametzler at bebt.de> wrote:
>> gnutls also fails to build against gtk-doc-tools 1.26:
[...]
>> Find attached a minimal patch to fix this (just for review, proper patch
>> should also cleanup .gitignore). As with libtasn1 gtkdoc-check is run on
>> make check but only displays the errors without triggering a testsuite
>> error.

> Thank you. I've created this merge request to check it:
> https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/527

> Would you like to send a patch with the Signoff-by line?

Hello,

attached.

>> -#TESTS = $(GTKDOC_CHECK)
>> +TESTS = $(GTKDOC_CHECK)

> Would that enable tests for gtk-doc?

s/enable/disable/ - Yes.

Find also attached a 2nd version of the patch that uses upstream
gtk-doc.make unmodified (no "only displays the errors without
triggering a testsuite error.") and instead disbles the check by
commenting "TESTS = $(GTKDOC_CHECK)". Feel free to choose. ;-)

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'