[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls_bye(): what security issues implications does using GNUTLS_SHUT_RDWR vs GNUTLS_SHUT_WR have? (#639)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Dec 4 23:15:01 CET 2018

New Issue was created.

Issue 639: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/639
Author:    HPNoha
Assignee:

I apologize this is a question more than an actual issue
We're having an issue where we see a 30 seconds timeout when we call gnutls_bye() with GNUTLS_SHUT_RDWR and it seems one of the servers we communicate with does not respond with the same message. We're considering using GNUTLS_SHUT_WR but would like to understand the implications of that on other servers which correctly reply with the same message (and hence don't time out)