[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Fix cipher-openssl-compat failing with LibreSSL (!846)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Dec 26 06:51:37 CET 2018

It's possible I found the problem. In current `crypto/evp/c_allc.c` there is the following:

    #ifndef OPENSSL_NO_CHACHA
        EVP_add_cipher(EVP_chacha20());
    # ifndef OPENSSL_NO_POLY1305
        EVP_add_cipher(EVP_chacha20_poly1305());
    # endif
    #endif

LibreSSL does not have that file but it does have `crypto/evp/c_all.c` and it only has the following:

    #ifndef OPENSSL_NO_CHACHA
            EVP_add_cipher(EVP_chacha20());
    #endif

A grep in the directory shown no `EVP_add_cipher(EVP_chacha20_poly1305())`

If that is needed before `evp_cipher = EVP_get_cipherbyname(ocipher);` can work than that test won't work with LibreSSL. I don't know. Tempting to try patching LibreSSL to add that and see what happens but I could be barking up wrong tree.