[gnutls-devel] 3.6.2 testsuite error on mips and mipsel

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sun Feb 18 12:51:05 CET 2018

On 2018-02-18 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 7:02 PM Andreas Metzler <ametzler at bebt.de> wrote:
>> the srp test fails on both mips and mipsel:
>> (sid_mips-dchroot)ametzler at minkus:~/GNUTLS/gnutls28-3.6.2/b4deb/tests$
>> ./srp
>> testing: srp-1024
>> testing: srp-1536
>> testing: srp-2048
>> testing: srp-3072
>> testing: srp-4096
>> testing: srp-8192
>> client:157: client: Handshake failed
>> server:242: server: Handshake has failed (The operation timed out)

> Thanks. Could it be that the timeout is too low for 8k in the platform?
> If you change gnutls_handshake_set_timeout(session, 20 * 1000);
> with 40 or 60 seconds does it work?

Hello,

You seem to be right. Increasing both instances of
gnutls_handshake_set_timeout to 40 lets the test succeed. On the
specific machine I tested on the fail/nonfail border is at about 26
(25.8 fails, 25.9 succeeds), so 40 should give a margin of error. I will
upload a patched version to the Debian buildds and report results.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'