[gnutls-devel] should we deprecate the development ML?

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Tue Jul 3 19:18:30 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-03 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
[...]
> The workflow for gnutls at this point is:
>  1. Issues and patches can be send via the web by registering (or using
> other side credentials)
>  2. Issues can be opened by sending a mail to bugs at gnutls.org
> <bug-gnutls at gnutls.org>
>  3. Issues can be brought to gnutls-dev ML
>  4. Issues can be brought to help-gnutls ML

> What I'd like is to reduce the amount of places where issues can be brought
> and discussed to make it easier to keep track of.

> Both Andreas and you make the point for gitlab discussions being more
> easily available and searchable. Would a read-only gnutls-dev which
> receives gitlab traffic, address that?

Hello,

A readonly gnutls-dev would improve things a lot.

> Are there discussions we may have had in the ML that we cannot have in
> gitlab?

Discussions other than patch submissions and bug-reports do not have a
natural place on GL. Also especially for longer discussions the lack of
threading makes the discussion unnecessarily hard to follow compared to
a ML.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'