[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Fix interleaved handshake handling in TLS 1.3 (!708)
gitlab at mg.gitlab.com
Wed Jul 18 16:16:39 CEST 2018
New Merge Request !708
Branches: tmp-handshake-interleave to master
Author: Daiki Ueno
Approvers: Simon Josefsson, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos, Hubert Kario, Tim Rühsen, Andreas Metzler, Tom, Ander Juaristi, Tomáš Mráz, Anderson Sasaki and GnuTLS devel mailing list
Previously, we disabled some tests from `tlsfuzzer/scripts/test-tls13-zero-length-data.py`, which utilizes unusual splitting of a handshake message (the first 2 bytes and the remaining). This series makes GnuTLS handle it correctly and enables those tests.
There are three places needed to be fixed:
- `_gnutls_parse_record_buffered_msgs()`: take into account of very short fragmentation (< 4 bytes)
- `check_recv_type()`: fail early in `recv_headers()`, if there is a partial handshake message in the buffer
- the length check in `parse_handshake_header()`: take into account of zero-length fragment
* [x] Test suite updated with functionality tests
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/708
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel