[gnutls-devel] Build issue with --enable-guile

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Mon Mar 12 01:56:32 CET 2018

The MacPorts maintainer of gnutls here.

Apparently, very few people install gnutls with --enable-guile. However, today we had someone attempt to install gnutls 3.5.18 with guile enabled. The build failed. His build log: https://hastebin.com/eraxizasez.bash

I tried recreating the issue on my own machine, but the install succeeded. The difference: I already had gnutls w/o guile installed.

When the other user first installed gnutls w/o guile, and then installed gnutls with guile over the previous install, his build also succeeded.

Apparently, something in the guile build process is looking for a file in its final installed location, rather in the build tree.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula