[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | transparent client re-authentication (#571)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Oct 4 13:07:10 CEST 2018

I don't think that is a problem as long as you update the docs to say that `gnutls_record_recv` *might* also send data if needed.

Since this will not be default behavior (will only happen when certain flags are provided) it won't break existing code, and those who use these flags know what they're up to.

For instance, if I'm working with non-blocking sockets and calling `gnutls_record_recv` I know I need to check the socket's ready for both reading & writing. If my application is compiled against an older version of GnuTLS that doesn't support this, the code would still work.