[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | add support for 0-RTT (!775)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Oct 29 14:30:58 CET 2018

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion on lib/includes/gnutls/gnutls.h.in:

>  void gnutls_supplemental_send(gnutls_session_t session, unsigned do_send_supplemental);
>
> +/* Anti-replay related functions */
> +
> +typedef struct gnutls_anti_replay_st *gnutls_anti_replay_t;
> +
> +typedef int (*gnutls_anti_replay_add_func) (void *, const gnutls_datum_t *key);
> +typedef unsigned (*gnutls_anti_replay_check_func) (void *, const gnutls_datum_t *key);
> +typedef void(*gnutls_anti_replay_clear_func) (void *);

I originally thought so, but gave up reusing it for the following reasons:
- There are a few gaps between the current db backend function and the what anti-replay DB needs: i.e., `_clear()` (= remove all) is missing and `_retr()` always returns a value, though it's not needed
- It was unclear that the DB might also be used for different purposes: e.g., for TLS <= 1.2 resumption, at the same time