[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Use gnutls_strdup() in library code (!742)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Sep 14 15:06:15 CEST 2018

Good catch, I simply missed that, but then...

That function is an internal one, called from one place in gnutls_priority_init(). I see it also in libgnutls.map and a test C file. So we can change the docs/comment about free() at will and change the test to use gnutls_free(). WDYT ?

Using strdup() and a gnutls_strdup() in the library code just pulls in a superfluous dependency (and duplicated code from gnulib in case the libc doesn't provide strdup()). Not talking about caching and extra work when linking (if not inlined).