[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Valid cert fails to verify due to different DN encodings (#553)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Sep 15 21:59:17 CEST 2018

We should avoid to open a can of worms here. For stringprep we need libidn, but we already have libidn2 as dependency. Also, StringPrep has been obsoleted by PRECIS ([RFC7564](http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc7564.html) and others). There is no open source implementation that I know of.

Option we have
- ignore this for now
- hardcode LDAP StringPrep (or similar, whatever is needed)
- split out StringPrep from libidn (new library libstringprep)
- implement PRECIS as own library

I already considered the last two since a while. But it's a tedious and boring work and would automatically make me the maintainer of it... and I already have to maintain enough projects.