[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Use gnutls_strdup() in library code (!742)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Sep 16 11:13:44 CEST 2018

Well, `_gnutls_resolve_priorities()` is only used in tests/system-prio-file.c and not meant as a public function. That function can also be directly reached/tested through `gnutls_priority_init()`. Am I wrong ?
If that is possible, we don't have to expose `_gnutls_resolve_priorities()` at all.

Also, instead of strdup() we can use gnutls_strdup(). Regarding `getline()`: the use of this function *may* cause issues since you can't limit the length of the input. It may be reasonable to limit the input (whatever makes sense here, 1k, 4k, 32k ?). Doing so we can use gnutls_free().

And then... the issue with free() vs. gnutls_free() occurs on Windows only (AFAIK). Since Windows doesn't provide getline(), it will be taken from gnulib and thus the code is inside the gnutls DLL. And that allows calling gnutls_free().