[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GNUTLS_CPUID_OVERRIDE does not have any impact on performance (#566)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Sep 24 12:00:24 CEST 2018
Hi Nikos ,
thanks for taking out your precious time and replying ,
Summary of analysis .
1. Server uses GNUTLS for handshake and security .
2. Architecture is x86.
2. used jmeter as client to fire requests to Server .
3. Tested with following symmetric ciphers and hashalgos
AES_128_CBC_SHA1, AES_128_CBC_SHA256, AES_256_CBC_SHA1, AES_256_CBC_SHA256.
4. For constant input client requests =3000 ,DH=2048 , the Cpu-Busy-Time clearly jumped from 15.43 sec to 128.98 sec
an approx 9x increase .
5. Ciphers or Algos is not making any difference in performance , its actually DH from 1024 to 2048 which is making a difference.
6. set Envniornment variable GNUTLS_CPUID_OVERRIDE=0x2 to run AES NI , but that doesnot have any effect .
7. set Envniornment GNUTLS_DEBUG_LEVEL =5 it actually piles lot of logs (not related to performance,just for testing )
8. suggest some steps at the servers side GNUTLS to improve performance .
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/566#note_103801223
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel