[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Extend test cert to 2049-05-27 (!979)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Apr 15 09:46:22 CEST 2019
New Merge Request !979
Project:Branches: bmwiedemann/gnutls:certs to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Bernhard M. Wiedemann
Extend test cert to 2049-05-27
instead of expiring in 2024-02-29
This update did not trigger y2038 bugs on 32-bit systems.
Without this patch, one test fails after 2024:
doit:124: rsa pss key: gnutls_x509_crt_verify_data2 |
FAIL x509sign-verify (exit status: 1)
As part of my work on reproducible builds for openSUSE, I check that software still gives identical build results in the future.
The usual offset is +15 years, because that is how long I expect some software will be used in some places.
This showed up failing tests in our package build.
See https://reproducible-builds.org/ for why this matters.
* [X] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [X] Code modified for feature
* [X] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Note: I used certtool -u to create the new cert, but am unsure why it is 2 lines shorter than the old one.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/979
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel