[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | ext/record_size_limit: distinguish sending and receiving limits (!985)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Apr 26 17:37:47 CEST 2019
New Merge Request !985
Branches: tmp-record-sizes to master
Author: Daiki Ueno
This fully implements the asymmetric record_size_limit negotiation.
The previous behavior was that both sending and receiving limits are negotiated to be the same value. It was problematic when:
- client sends a record_size_limit with a large value in CH
- server sends a record_size_limit with a smaller value in EE
- client updates the limit for both sending and receiving, upon receiving EE
- server sends a Certificate message larger than the limit
With this patch, each peer maintains the sending / receiving limits separately so not to confuse with the contradicting settings.
* [x] Commits have `Signed-off-by:` with name/author being identical to the commit author
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [x] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [x] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
* [ ] CI timeout is 2h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/Timeout)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/985
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel