[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls-cli log client X.509 certificate loading to stdout despite --logfile (#865)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Dec 1 18:30:16 CET 2019

Airtower created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/865

When I run `gnutls-cli` with `--logfile=/dev/stderr`, the following line still appears on stdout when loading a client certificate using `--x509certfile=...` and `--x509keyfile=...`:

    Processed 1 client X.509 certificates...

I first noticed this in 3.6.9 from Ubuntu, but the bug is still present on master. Looking at the code the same issue seems to exist for loading raw key pairs.