[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Gnutls no longer accepts certificates whose notbefore field is a non-digits string (!1134)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Dec 17 12:50:45 CET 2019

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1134 was reviewed by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos

--

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on lib/x509/time.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1134#note_261660249

> +    /* Make sure everything else is digits. */
> +    for (int i = 0; i < len - 1; i++) {
> +        if (isdigit(ttime[i]))

Thank you. It makes sense. Two comments, maybe we should cache the output of strlen() above to avoid two runs when compiled with older compilers or in simpler systems. The other is that we should use `c_isdigit()` from `<c-ctype.h>` to ensure that this comparison is done right even when the locale is not C.