[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | UBSAN: Fail tests if UB detected (!1136)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Dec 18 21:26:05 CET 2019

Tim Rühsen commented on a discussion on .gitlab-ci.yml: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1136#note_262697969

>    stage: stage1-testing
>    image: $CI_REGISTRY/$BUILD_IMAGES_PROJECT:$FEDORA_BUILD
>    script:
> +  - dnf install -y llvm
>    - ./bootstrap
> -  - CFLAGS="-std=c99 -fsanitize=undefined -fsanitize=bool -fsanitize=alignment -fsanitize=null -fsanitize=bounds-strict -fsanitize=enum -fno-sanitize-recover -g -O2" CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS LDFLAGS="-static-libubsan" dash ./configure

OK. This MR is mostly about fixing the issues. I am not against gcc (the opposite is the case), but having gcc *and* clang gives us more confidence as both work slightly different. So in the end, we can decide whether we add another runner or if we combine gcc and clang into one.

For this MR I will investigate the ASAN options of gcc in the next days. I did this a while ago and at that time clang was definitely superior regarding sanitizer checks. But these things change over time.