[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | UBSAN: Fail tests if UB detected (!1136)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Dec 19 13:32:25 CET 2019

Tim Rühsen commented on a discussion on .gitlab-ci.yml: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/1136#note_263079179

>    stage: stage1-testing
>    image: $CI_REGISTRY/$BUILD_IMAGES_PROJECT:$FEDORA_BUILD
>    script:
> +  - dnf install -y llvm
>    - ./bootstrap
> -  - CFLAGS="-std=c99 -fsanitize=undefined -fsanitize=bool -fsanitize=alignment -fsanitize=null -fsanitize=bounds-strict -fsanitize=enum -fno-sanitize-recover -g -O2" CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS LDFLAGS="-static-libubsan" dash ./configure

We now have two combined sanitizer runners, one for clang the other one for gcc.

Both runners check asan, ubsan, leak, ..., use `-std=c99` and `-Werror`.

There are still two sets of annoying warnings, `-Wno-enum-conversion` and `-Wno-parentheses`. The first one can possibly addressed by explicit casts. The second one comes from sloppy programming in autogen. If nobody sends a patch upstream, we might sit on this forever.