[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Speed up or avoid bootstrap in CI runners (#891)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Dec 30 15:39:38 CET 2019

Tim Rühsen created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/891

This is just an idea... we have to test it yet.

In the CI images, we could manually run the 3 invocations of `gnulib-tool` to create `gl/`, `lib/unistring/` and `src/gl/`. We can even build the gnulib libraries in there and run the gnulib tests.

In the CI runners, we have to `cp -a` those directories into the `gnutls/` directory. Then we create ./configure with `autoreconf -fi` and go on as normal. [We can possibly even avoid this last step as long configure is newer than configure.ac].

The gain is at least that we avoid `./bootstrap`. Still the question, how much weights the 1.x minutes of bootstrapping against the 1,5h of running a pipeline ?