[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Changed output from stdout to stderr (!914)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Feb 6 21:17:25 CET 2019
New Merge Request !914
Project:Branches: DK_DARKmatter/gnutls:master to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Ke Zhao
The printf() function will generate output to the standard output
stream. This causes applications which want to parse data from the TLS
stream to filter out the logging messages. Instead, we use standard
output so that applications don't have to parse this data.
The result is that stdin and stdout are uniquely dedicated to stream
data while stderr is used for logging messages.
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/914
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel