[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Remove checks for ssize_t in configure.ac (#688)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Feb 8 12:50:22 CET 2019

[Forget about POSIX, amended the isue description]

While `size_t` is C standard, `ssize_t` is not. If it is not available, we should *not* typedef it to an `int`. E.g. on Win64, `int` is 32 bits and `size_t` is 64bits.

IMO, we better leave it to the application programmer, to do the right thing. E.g. on Windows this could be
```
#include <BaseTsd.h>
typedef SSIZE_T ssize_t;
```
before including `gnutls.h`.

At the same time, we need a `ssize_t` when building GnuTLS. We can achieve that with `AC_TYPE_SSIZE_T` in `configure.ac`.