[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Changed output from stdout to stderr Master (!927)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Feb 14 19:04:58 CET 2019
New Merge Request !927
Project:Branches: DK_DARKmatter/gnutls:master to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Ke Zhao
The printf() function will generate output to the standard output stream.
This causes applications which want to parse data from the TLS stream to filter
out the logging messages. Instead, we use standard output so that applications
don't have to parse this data.
The result is that stdin and stdout are uniquely dedicated to stream data while
stderr is used for logging messages.
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/927
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel