[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Automatically NULLify after gnutls_free() (!923)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Feb 14 20:51:52 CET 2019

> We should also turn this off in the valgrind and address sanitizer CI runs, so that any memory errors are not masked by it.

IMO, no memory errors would be masked by this MR. Free'd pointers are set to `NULL`, so that *any* dereference will be fetched by valgrind and by ASAN. Pointer arithmetic with a NULL pointer has even a much higher chance to be detected by valgrind and ASAN (e.g. when the result is used as array/memory index).

But maybe you have something in mind that I don't think of !?

Regarding `CONTRIBUTION.md` I'd suggest a new section/paragraph with a short introduction to the basic GnuTLS memory functions. Is that OK ?