[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls 3.6 pseudo-randomly breaks VLC HTTP/2 (#713)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Feb 22 16:21:30 CET 2019

Aha, interesting. I think that's what I mentioned in the mail, when false start is enabled you cannot be sending and receiving at the same time on two threads. That's because the handshake process, may need to send while operation is receive or receive while operation is send. Maybe the patch could be a clarification that false start and early start (applies to tls1.3 servers), cannot be used by concurrent sending and receiving applications without some synchronization.

The synchronization could be locking on recv and send operations, until the handshake is complete. The handshake in false start and early start is complete when a recv operation is complete.