[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Fix FIPS integrity self tests (!873)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jan 11 15:37:21 CET 2019
New Merge Request !873
Project:Branches: ansasaki/gnutls:fix_fips_lib_name to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Anderson Sasaki
Add a description of the new feature/bug fix. Reference any relevant bugs.
This is a fix for a bug originally reported here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1665061
There were 2 issues:
* The libraries names in libs/fips.c have not been updated when the sonames were bumped:
libgnutls.so.28 -> libgnutls.so.30
libnettle.so.4 -> libnettle.so.6
libhogweed.so.2 -> libhogweed.so.4
* The decoding of the HMAC fails when there is a '\n' at the end of the file. The newline makes the file to hold 65 bytes instead of the expected 64 bytes. At the end of the processing (lib/extras/hex.c:39) it checks if all input bytes were processed, but the last remaining byte makes the check to fail. This is not exactly a bug, but allowing newlines at the end of the file makes the format of the accepted files more flexible, and the integrity check more robust.
* [x] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/873
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel