[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls-3.6.4 release tarball isn't configured for guile 2.2 (#631)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Jan 21 21:26:29 CET 2019

@jonsger @nmav I just tried with a git checkout on my home machine; when running the ./bootstrap I see (somewhat towards the end)

>  autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --force -I m4 -I src/libopts/m4 -I src/gl/m4 -I lib/unistring/m4 --install
aclocal: installing 'm4/guile.m4' from '/usr/share/aclocal/guile.m4'
aclocal: installing 'm4/pkg.m4' from '/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4'
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing

so the guile.m4 from /usr/share/aclocal gets pulled in. The resulting "configure" script has

> 63204   _guile_versions_to_search="2.2 2.0 1.8"

and successfully enables the Guile wrappers. The distro I am on uses the release tarballs and just runs ./configure with some parameters, so using your patch to fix configure is also fine!

I agree that my broken guile.m4 file is totally unrelated to the issue at hand; it was just a further complication on my system.

Hope it helps!