[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Increase fuzzing code coverage (#686)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Jan 29 11:03:47 CET 2019

I took a look at the coverage project, seems straight forward.

We could also add the coverage (and fuzz-coverage) to gnutls CI - it wouldn't cost anything when we integrate it into the 'abi/coverage' runner.
And it would update with every commit (we can limit it to each commit to master).

```
- make local-code-coverage-output || true
- rm -rf GnuTLS-*-coverage GnuTLS-*-coverage.info
- make -C fuzz check
- make code-coverage-capture CODE_COVERAGE_IGNORE_PATTERN='*/include/* /home/tim/src/gnutls/gl/*'
- mv GnuTLS-*-coverage public/fuzz-coverage
artifacts:
  when: on_success
  paths:
    - public/fuzz-coverage
```

This only takes a few seconds. Since Gitlab can't create two badges, we can create our own badge e.g. with
```
wget -Opublic/fuzz-coverage/badge.svg https://img.shields.io/badge/fuzz--coverage-31.9-red.svg
```
We can also directly generate an SVG, it's just a small text file. I'll have to read about the details...

It's easier as maintaining a second project and we stay independent of Gitlab.com.