[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | How to write/extract session keys with gnutls-cli ? (#802)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Jul 15 18:21:57 CEST 2019

Daiki Ueno commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/802#note_191968390

> But that adds overhead to anyone who is using libgnutls, while addressing this in _gnutls_nss_keylog_write() only has overhead if your path of execution comes here. Some kind of 'lazy loading'.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Even if the user doesn't want the keylog file feature, the additional overhead in the init function would be just one call of `secure_getenv`.

> It adds an additional lock/unlock for the very first call. We could fine-tune it down to one lock/unlock with some slight additional code complexity. WDYT ?

I was thinking to emulate `pthread_once` somehow (though iirc we can't use that function directly because of the libpthread dependency on glibc systems).