[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Marked the crypto backend registration APIs as deprecated (!1032)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Jun 20 08:39:27 CEST 2019

Internally we can keep a registration API which we can have full control of (e.g., adding, removing functionality). Thus any internal code will not be affected by the deprecation. The intent is to remove any public API so that when we need to add `hmac_copy` for example, we do not have to account for applications that may have overriden the internal implementation with one that doesn't implement copy. The `gnutls_single_FOO_register()` is not exported (as far as I see), thus we should be fine with it.